The Lamborghini Egoista is a one-off concept car designed by Walter De Silva for Lamborghini to celebrate the company’s 50th anniversary. The car was unveiled at the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans and was named “Egoista,” which means “selfish” in Italian.
The name was chosen because the car is designed to be driven by only one person, and its styling is inspired by the look of a fighter jet.
The Lamborghini Egoista was created to celebrate Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary. The car was unveiled on May 11, 2013, during a special ceremony at the Sant’Agata Bolognese factory in Italy. The car was designed by Walter De Silva, the head of Volkswagen Group Design.
The Egoista was a one-off concept car, and Lamborghini had no plans to put it into production.
However, the car did influence the design of other Lamborghini models, including the Huracan and Aventador.
The Lamborghini Egoista is powered by a 5.2-liter V10 engine that produces 600 horsepower. The car has a top speed of 202 mph and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.4 seconds.
The car is made of lightweight materials, including carbon fiber and aluminum, which help to reduce its weight and improve its performance. The car also features a unique single-seat cockpit, which is inspired by the look of a fighter jet cockpit.
- Engine: 5.2-liter V10
- Power: 600 horsepower
- Top Speed: 202 mph
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds
- Weight: 1,980 pounds
- Length: 196.8 inches
- Width: 88.98 inches
- Height: 44.09 inches
The Lamborghini Egoista is a unique car that features several design elements that are not found on other Lamborghini models.
Some of the unique elements of the Egoista include:
Video: Lamborghini Egoista Up Close
- Single-Seat Cockpit: The car features a single-seat cockpit, which is inspired by the look of a fighter jet cockpit. The cockpit is made of carbon fiber and is designed to provide the driver with maximum visibility.
- Headlights: The car’s headlights are designed to look like the eyes of a bull. The headlights are made of LED lights and are designed to provide maximum visibility.
- Exhaust System: The car’s exhaust system is located on the top of the car, just behind the cockpit.
The exhaust system is designed to look like the afterburner of a fighter jet.
- Aerodynamics: The car’s body is designed to provide maximum aerodynamic performance. The car features a large rear wing, a diffuser, and other aerodynamic features that help to reduce drag and improve performance.
Lamborghini Egoista Cost:
The Lamborghini Egoista was never put into production for public sale. As a result, there is no official price for the Egoista.
However, it is estimated that the car’s development and production costs exceeded $1 million, making it one of the most expensive Lamborghini models ever created.
Even though the car was never put into production, it has influenced the design of other Lamborghini models and will always be remembered as one of Lamborghini’s most iconic concept cars.